We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
So today I am going to be talking about my experience at New York Fashion Week in a wrap-up post covering day three and four. Also, this post will include daily outfit details and five lessons that I learned my first time at NYFW.
If you missed my post covering day one and two of fashion week, click HERE to check that out!
Day Three: New York Fashion Week Recap + Outfit Inspiration
9 AM - Glam Squad Ready
1 PM - Banana Republic X Olivia Palermo Presentation
2 PM - Finally Food!
We arrived early to Yuna Yang so after we reserved our seats, we walked over for brunch at a local restaurant.
3 PM - Yuna Yang Fashion Show
I seriously love everything single out that I saw at the Yuna Yang show. It was ready to wear outfits that I would buy as everyday outfits. The setting for the show was gorgeous, outside of an old museum in New Yock. I liked where we were sitting because we had a fantastic view of the entire collection. Yuna Yang’s spring/summer 2018 collection is about the importance of saving the earth. So that was featured throughout the whole show. I love when a designer has a strong meaning behind their creations.
6 PM - Lulu’s Style Studio Party
One of my favorite parts of New York Fashion Week was attending the Style Studio Party hosted by Lulu’s. I will say though that at first, it was off to a rocky start because I left my iPhone in a yellow cab. Talk about sheer panic; I was really upset about it at first. Then, my sweet friend Kathleen from Lemon Blonde called the cab driver multiple times until he finally answered and brought the phone to me. So thanks to my blogger friend Kathleen, I received my phone safe and sound.
So with that said, after I finally got my phone back everything was awesome and the night was perfect! I met so many incredible bloggers while at the event. We had a great time listening to music, snapping pics and sipping on their yummy cocktails.
Lace dress: Zara
Slip dress: Macy’s
Leather Jacket: Blank NYC
Low Kitten Heels: Boohoo.com
Day Four: New York Fashion Week Recap + Outfit Inspiration
So this morning, I accidentally overslept and missed one of the shows that I really wanted to see. Luckily, I realized in enough time to send an email to the person who invited me. Side note: If you get invited to a show, even if you are stuck in traffic five minutes before always send a quick email to the designer’s team that invited you. It’s important to maintain that relationship and it’s simply the polite thing to do!
10 AM - Dan Liu Runway Show
Another one of the show’s that Riviere Agency invited me to was Dan Liu. It was so exciting because I not only got to wear one of the designer’s dresses but I also was able to sit front row. Sitting front row just makes the entire experience that much better.
The Dan Liu spring/summer 2018 collection consisted of very feminine designs with a lot of lace detail and pastel colors. My favorite look was the final one, the dress was a gorgeous white gown and the model is carrying an oversized peacock ring. Check out the images below!
Dress: Dan Liu
White Boots: Pour La Victoire
12 PM - Group Photoshoot + Lunch
So the entire time we were staying together during NYFW, we tried to take group photos but all of our schedules were so different. Finally, the last day literally 4 hours before we have to leave we made it happen. Cassidy England (my sister/photographer) snapped some quick group shots of me, Karina, Kathleen & Nicole while walking to lunch.
3 PM - Leanne Marshall Runway Show
One of my favorite shows the entire New York Fashion Week trip was Leanne Marshall. I did love every one of her designs. The dresses were so bold and bright; they lit up the runway. I love when designs are both feminine and edgy at the same time because that’s totally my style!
I was fortunate because this is another show that I was able to sit front row at and wear her clothing designs. The show was completely packed, so I was ecstatic that I was even able to get into seeing it.
After the show, I ran into my one of my favorite blogger babes, Christine Andrew from Hello Fashion Blog. I was seriously so happy to meet her because she is one of the reasons why I started my blog in 2015. She was so sweet guys! Christine actually took the time to get to know Kathleen & I when I am sure she had a million places to be. The photo is just an Instagram story one, but I had to include it in this blog post!
Sheer top: Leanne Marshall
Sheer skirt: Leanne Marshall
Slip dress: Macy’s
Leather jacket: Blank NYC
Ankle boots: Zara
4PM - Milk & Cream Cereal Bar
One of the things we wanted to do while in the city is stop by Milk & Cream Cereal Bar. So we barely fit in after the Leanne Marshall show. We almost missed our flight actually haha the things a girl will do for some good ice cream!
6 PM - Goodbye NYC
My first New York Fashion Week experience was very positive for the most part. However, next time there are a few things that I will do differently for sure. Check out my five lessons that I learned as an NYFW first-timer.
New York Fashion Week Lessons Learned:
- Scheduling: So as a total newbie I tried to squeeze in as much as possible with back to back shows during New York Fashion Week. Unfortunately with NYC traffic that is just not possible. I RSVP’d for probably 4-5 shows/events each day and went to like 2-3 because of locations. Next time, I will spread out things more so I can attend more events/shows.
- Bring snacks/multiple portable chargers: During NYFW, you barely have time to eat anything, let alone take time to charge your phone. I did bring one portable charger, but then once that ran out I was in trouble the rest of the day. Instagram story videos kill your battery, so I would suggest bringing 2-3 great portable chargers. As far as food goes, bring snacks that will fit in your purse so you can eat a little something in between shows. We would eat maybe twice a day if there were time!
- Dress code: There isn’t one for fashion week so pack clothes that you will feel confident wearing. Okay, so maybe not sweats, but you get the idea. New York Fashion Week is the time to express yourself as a creative so live a little and wear things you wouldn’t usually wear!
- Forget High Heels: We were constantly on our feet, so I am glad that I did think about bringing some Dr. Scholl’s inserts. Even with those though, my feet were starting to hurt by the end of each day. Luckily this season, low kitten heels were big in style which saved my feet. Next time though, I definitely won’t be afraid to rock a pair of sneakers at least one day.
- Less Is More: So being my first time at NYFW I, of course, packed my entire closet for fall. Big mistake because I ended up receiving items at different events. So my luggage was over the limit when flying home, oops! Luckily, my sister traveled with me so I just threw as much as I could into her bag while checking our bags.