We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The month of August is all about the glow for me when it comes to putting together my everyday makeup routine. I love enhancing the sun-kissed tan that I still have from the summer through highlighting and contouring in the best way. Today I am introducing you guys to my top 12 August beauty favorites. I love creating different looks to fit each season. I think that less is more, and this month’s beauty routine is proof of that. I went with more natural, subtle tones for eyeshadows and blush to create a softer look that pops. Scroll down to read about my top 12 favorite beauty products for the month of August and how I use each of them to create a gorgeous summer glow.
1. Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation in 50 Beige. My makeup routine is a little backwards when compared to other people’s routine. I start off with my foundation as my first step of my August beauty routine. I put a small amount on the top of my hand and dab a beauty blender into the foundation. I then softly rub the beauty blender with the liquid foundation all over my face until it is fully covered and completely blended in.
2. Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel Illuminating Base. After my foundation is all in place, I grab a different beauty blender and dab a small amount of this illuminator on it. I press the beauty blender underneath my eyes, down the line of my nose, the center of my forehead and on my cupid’s bow to highlight those areas. I place this on top of my foundation to give it a dewy look for summer.
3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Brightener. I love a good drugstore find, and this one outdoes the rest (and no, this post is not sponsored in any way, this is nothing short of my honest opinion). I blend this brightener around my eyes, underneath and on top to really make them pop. The pink tone of this brightener really gives you the perfect subtle highlighting effect that you want out of this routine.
4. Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base. You cannot achieve the perfect summer glow without the perfect bronzer. I am in love with this bronzer because it blends so well and looks very natural. I grab my contouring makeup brush and go in with a little of the bronzer on the natural line of my cheek bones. I blend in with circular motions to create an airbrush look. I also use this product on my eyes, with a blending eye brush I rub this bronzer into my crease of my eye lids to contour them.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sun Dipped. After I have touched up with my favorite bronzer, I then grab my highlighting face brush and go in with the color “summer” right underneath my eye. I then softly brush “moonstone” right above my cheek bone line and then I use “tourmaline” as a subtle blush right on my cheeks.
6. Lorac ‘Unzipped” Gold Eyeshadow Palette. After already contouring the eye with my Chanel Bronzer, I then finish off my eyeshadow routine with this gold eyeshadow palette. I first use the color “uncensored” and blend it into the outside corner of my eye. Once that is blended, I go in with the color “unattainable” and dab it with my finger right over my eye lid for a pop of glimmer. My final eyeshadow step is using the color “undercover” in the corners of my eyes and right underneath the waterline of my bottom lashes to really make my eyes stand out.
7. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx. After my eyeshadow is complete, I then get ready to line my lashes. I use this drugstore favorite as my eyeliner because it is the only black color that I have found that does not smudge throughout the day (I hate that). I only line the top lashes of my eyes, not the bottom. The reason why I line my eyes this way is because it makes my eyes appear bigger than they are. I have tiny eyes, so whenever I line both the top and bottom it makes them look even smaller. I create a dramatic black cateye effect with my top lashes to really make my eyes look bold.
8. L’Oreal Double Extend Mascara in Blackest Black. Okay, so this is another drugstore favorite of mine that I have been using for about a year and it works so well. This mascara comes with the black color and a primer as well. The primer works so well to lengthen the lashes. I first prime my lashes with the white color primer that is connected to the mascara. I let the primer sit for about 30 seconds to dry and then I go over the primer with this mascara in the blackest black color. You will love how long your lashes look with the use of a good primer like this one.
9. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black. After I use my drugstore favorite mascara, I then grab my favorite mascara of all time, Better Than Sex mascara by Too Faced. You will not find another mascara that voluminizes your lashes like this one. I am definitely addicted to this product for sure and cannot stop using it. I go over the previous mascara with this one to really add some volume. The fibers from this mascara really make them stand out and look fuller than they did before.
10. Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Dark Brown. After I have completed my eye routine, I cannot leave my brows bare so I use a brow brush and blend in this product into my brows to add a fuller effect. I like for my brows to stand out, so I add a little bit of color to define them.
11. Tom Ford Lip Color in Sable Smoke. I first go in with this simple nude lip color to add a little bit of color to my lips. Remember this look is all about glow, so not overdoing it is important.
12. Soap & Glory XL Sexy Mother Pucker Plump Lip Gloss. Finally, I use this amazing product by Soap & Glory to really enhance my lips. This product really does plump my lips up while moistourizing them, which is exactly what I need during the summer.
Want to see how I use my top 12 August beauty favorites? Well great news for you, I am actually going to be creating this look while I am getting ready this morning and I am going to feature it on my Instagram Story today. So get ready with me this morning on Instagram (CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW ALONG).